New Year's Quiz
i love to read quizzes that other people do, but rarely sit down and do them myself... i have been lacking in the blog dept. lately, so i think i'll do this one!
(For anyone who reads this blog...I challenge you to copy this and fill in your own answers, then leave a comment with a link to your answers:))
1.What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? parented two children by myself for months on end
2. What are your New Years Resolutions? to take better care of myself & to try not to dwell on the past
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007? my sister in law christina, tiara, katie, jen, laura, cookie... i'm sure there are plenty more that i can't think of.
4. Did anyone close to you die? a few family friends
5. What countries did you visit? just the US. :)
6 What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? i'd like for my husband to be home for longer than 4-5 months! i'd like less stress too - maybe the two will go hand-in-hand....
7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why? feb. 20 (ben left), may. 5 (my b-day- ben planned a fun girl's day out for me) sep. 22 (ben came home!)
8.What was your biggest achievement of the year? keeping our family healthy, happy & intact, and making it through another deployment.
9.What was your biggest failure? trying to take care of everyone else & not always taking care of myself
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? i cut my thumb and had to get stitches. oh! and i got hit on the head by a heavy glass globe from a light in my parents' house. it almost knocked me out.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you? an ipod (thanks benny!) i guess most of the gifts would be gifts that weren't bought.
12. Who's behavior merited celebration? anna & jane. it was hard for me to keep up with the two of them by myself, and despite it all, they were both really good girls, and i'm thankful.
13. Who's behavior appalled and depressed you? anyone who is critical of or is not supportive of our troops (and their families). i seem to have little tolerance for that.
14. Where did most of your money go? bills, savings, traveling, etc.
15. What did you get really, really excited about? homecoming, our visits to NH
16. What song(s) reminds you of 2007? baby mine by alison krauss- anna asked to listen to it over & over in the car....
17. Compared to last year are you...a.) Happier or Sadder? happier b.) Thinner or Fatter? thinner, but not as much as i'd like to be! :) c.) Richer or Poorer? richer in all ways
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? spent time with ben & our family and friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? stressing, worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas? here at home with ben, the girls & my parents
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? only more
22. How many one night stands did you have? ha ha. yeah right.....
23. What was your favorite TV program? the office, and grey's anatomy
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year? no- i can't say that i really hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read? hmm, i read a few good ones by jodi picoult
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? i had a fun girl's day out... 28.
27. What was your best musical discovery? ray lamontagne
28. What did you want and get? a safe return for ben & his squadron
29. What was your favorite film of the year? we just watched bourne ultimatum... very good.
30. What did you want and not get? a maid, nanny & chef! ha ha! j/k- i have been very blessed. 31. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying? having ben home and safe
32.How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007? ooh! good one! i would have to say the hoodie/yoga pants/flip-flop combo - tres chic!
33. What kept you sane? my devoted and caring husband, my parents!!, anna & jane (who kept me smiling), my girls in j-ville, friends & family who were supportive, long walks pushing the stroller, oh, and emmet & charlie- they kept me company. :)
34. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most? the supernanny.
35. What political issue stirred you most? iraq
36. Who do you miss? lots of people- friends and family who are far away
37. Who was the best new person you met? probably vicki strong.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned? to look for the positive in every situation i'm faced with.
39. Quote a song line that defines your year.
train song ~ mindy smith
I've been listening
For those metal wheels
To come scraping across that
Old rusty track
And I'm just wondering,
I need to ask
Is my sweet man on that train
And I've been waiting
For the whistle to sound
Like a ghost on the highland
Howling proud
And I'm just wondering,
I'll ask again
Is my sweet man coming back
Everything inside me
Is aching for you now
Every minute given
I'm just waiting for your love
I'm just wondering,
I need to ask
Is my sweet man on his way
And I've been crying
Trying to make sense
Of all this shit
He left me to tend
And I'm just wondering,
I'll ask again
Is my sweet man on that train
Everything inside me
Is aching for you now
Every minute given
I'm just waiting for your love
I'm just wondering,
I need to ask
Is my sweet man on that train
I'm just wondering,
I need to ask
Is my sweet man on that train
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay! For as many hours as we've spent talking over the past year, there are still some things that I don't know about you. I enjoyed reading about some of those things. Love, C.
Thanks for participating Arinn!! Loved reading your answers. It's great that blogging helps you get to know your friends even better!!
i love getting to know my friens all over again! miss you!
Post a Comment