It's been a while, but I'm going to ambush Arinn’s blog to publicly share some appreciation to my wife-the best mother I have ever seen. I want you to excuse me because that is far from the end of my bragging. I do not mean it to degrade the capacity of anyone else, but more so to show appreciation and homage to a sorority I cannot be a part of, but observe daily.
Arinn.
As my job has driven me longer and harder away from my family she has unwaveringly committed to our ten-year-old wedding vows. She committed to them long before our wedding. As we walk forward in what has become of our lives. I am the variable and she is the constant. Sometimes I help around the house. Sometimes I raise children. Sometimes I’m thoughtful. Sometimes I’m home. Sometimes I protect my family. Sometimes I’m fun, and sometimes, much less frequently, I’m funny.
She is always these things.
I spend my professional career attempting to become more proficient at destruction and conquest. She focuses equal and more effective energy at building and compassion. Whether it be making dinner, or making three beautiful daughters, Arinn has a physical, intuitive, moral, and creative proficiency in nurture.
So, while I wear the ribbons on my chest, while people thank me for my service, while I walk in the parades, while my organization is put on the news for valor and bravery I want everyone who reads this to know the following. It is my wife, and not I, that builds the only type of empire worth anything-- happy full lives generated and nurtured by love and service. I don’t really build anything. She serves those who get credit for serving, and she does it all just for the successful production of quality life.
To me, that’s motherhood. That’s my Arinn. Happy Mothers’ Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh, Ben!! That was the sweetest ever! And you are so right. Arinn has long been the mama I aspire to be. She has taught me more than she'll ever know :) Now where are the tissues?
oh ben! now if that isn't the best mother's day gift ever?! and i thought i was lucky by getting pigs:) arinn is not only an amazing momma but also an amazing sister. she is always going above and beyond to check in on me and help however she can, even while being so far away...and that shows just how caring and sincere she is. and just like claire arinn is always the go to girl when i have any questions on raising the kiddo's, she always seems to have the answers with the philosophy to back it up...and of course a suggestion with a great book to read. we love you arinn and happy mothers day!
Wow! Beautifully said Ben and so true. We love Arinn! (And, we also love you.)
Good gosh, I'm sitting here in a puddle of my own tears after reading one of the sweetest things a husband has ever written about it wife. I read it twice. And read it to Nick (who was just as blown away.) Tell Ben he has a heart of gold. This could be published! Wow, what a beautiful example of a marriage and love you two show, amazing. And I agree, Arinn, you are a wonderful mom, a good friend, and have such a sweet soul. No wonder Ben took the time to sit down and write this. How incredibly lucky those three little girls are to have such great parents :)
Post a Comment